Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Song For you

Once, a few years back, my ex-sis-in-law (yeah that`s right, my bro used to be married to her)asked me to sing at her wedding (yeah, that`s right, they got divorced and she was getting re-married) to sing at her wedding. I sang at her first wedding (YES, her wedding to my brother, jeez you have a lot of questions) and so she thought it might be special if I sang at her second as well (Yay for me!). The first time I was like 17, and I sang "Evergreen" by Barbra Streisand...
"Two lives that shine as one
Morning glory and midnight sun
Time we`ve learned to sail above
Time wont change the meaning of one love
Ageless and ever evergreen"

So, this time I was like 25, and I wanted to do something more soulful. I felt my style and taste had changed and she had no requests. So, I thought for a long time... and I came up with "A Song for You" by Donny Hathaway....

"love you in a place where there's no space or time
I love you for in my life you are a friend of mine
And when my life is over
Remember when we were together
We were alone and I was singing this song for you"

That song has stayed with me ever since. I think of it often and sing it when I`m in the car, shower, backyard... LOL... I still love that song. Oh God, it`s just amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment